All the information you need about Permanent makup
Not for you
You can-not have PMU if any of the following applies to you (No Exceptions).
- You are under 18
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have a history of MRSA
- You are on blood thinners (and can’t stop them for 2 weeks at a time)
- Your immune system is compromised
- You are prone to keloid scars
- You are on accutane (must be off of accutane for at least 1 year)
- You are undergoing chemotherapy or radiation (must wait at least 2 months after and have doctor’s permission
- If you have dark pigmented lips, lips tattooing cannot be performed on you (you will hyper pigment)
If any of the following applies to you, PMU may not heal well for you.
- You are diabetic
- You have very oily skin
- You are a smoker
- You have an auto-immune disorder/disease
- You have anemia
- You have rosacea
- If you are under a doctors care for ANY disease or disorder, I recommend getting their approval before moving ahead with PMU.
- You have fordyce spots (white dots/spots) on your lips, they are harmless, but having lip PMU may make them stand out.
- If you have previous permanent make-up/cosmetic tattooing, you must get Meaghan’s approval BEFORE booking your session – Please send a clear photo with no makeup and in good lighting to (713)574-9400
After care - Eyebrows
- SymmetryBrows 7-7-7 rule:
- 7 Days – Apply Aquaphor Ointment (1-2 times per day, a very thin layer each time). Clients with oily skin will stop using ointment after day 3.
- 7 Days – You will avoid water in the brow area and use a damp cotton pad to lightly dab the brow area clean. The cotton pad should be damp and not over saturated with water. Some use cling wrap as a shield when showering.
- 7 Days –> No sweating, no brow makeup, no other products in your brows.
- Scabbing will occur, it is NORMAL. Don’t panic and please do not peel the remaining scabs on your eyebrows. This is your skin exfoliating and it means new skin is coming in, forceful peeling may result in pre-mature pigment loss.
- Your eyebrows will appear extremely light after it peels, this is also NORMAL. Color will resurface within the next 4 weeks.
- It is NOT uncommon for eyebrows to appear patchy or uneven in color, size, or shape when it is healing after the swelling dissipates.
- Please be patient and allow your skin to heal properly. Any minor touch ups cannot be performed until at least the 4 week mark.
After care - Eyeliner
- Day 1-7 — Apply Aquaphor Healing Ointment with q-tip.
- Do your best to avoid water for 1 week.
- Do not apply eye makeup/mascara for 2 weeks.
After care - Lips
- Day 1-14 — Apply Aquaphor Healing Ointment.
- Do not eat/drink foods that have dye (i.e. blueberries, coffee, wine, ect.)
- Drink with straws for 1 week.
- Gently rinse lips with antibacterial soap after each meal and immediately apply ointment afterwards.
- Your lips will peel, this is NORMAL. Please do not pick the remaining skin.
- Once you peel, your lips will appear as if you never got them tattooed, DON’T panic. It will take 3-4 weeks for color to slowly flush back in.
- Use a quality lip balm for 30 days after procedure.
Normal Care required
- Avoid any activities that promote bacterial growth (i.e. gyms, heavy sweating) for 1 week.
- Avoid swimming pools, saunas, ocean water for at least 3 weeks.
- Avoid direct sunlight for 1 week (wear hats, sunglasses, ect.)